Here are my Ten (or More) Twitter Laws.
1. Thou shalt not abuse the DM.
2. Thou shalt not whore links non-stop.
3. Thou shalt not post nothing but quotes.
4. Thou shalt not @reply exclusively.
5. Thou shalt not tweet without spell check.
6. Thou shalt not engage in gratuitous txtspk.
7. Thou shalt not feed (follow) the Twitter sluts.
8. Thou shalt not tweet the cursed terms, marketing or porn, lest a plague of bot followers descend upon thee.
9. Thou shalt not complain about how hard your life is because you have to travel all over the damned world all the time.
10. Thou shalt not follow me in the hopes that I will follow you back.
And some bonus guidelines.
If your Twitter name is something like RainbowOneCarpets then you can rest assured that I have absolutely no interest in your tweets.
If your Twitter name is something girly like SweetCakes1980 and your registered name is George Jones then you will not be getting followed back.
If your Twitter stream is loaded with links to your blog posts and/or other news articles without any personal tweets then you will not be getting followed back.
If your Twitter stream is impossible to read because you thought light print on a light background looked cool then you will not be getting followed back.